top of page

HENRIETTA ORD JONES SOCIETY

Image 1-23-24 at 3.11 PM.jpeg

Henrietta Ord Jones co-founded the Chautauqua Bird and Tree Club with Louise Igoe Miller in 1913. (The name was changed to the Bird, Tree and Garden Club in 1952).

Known as “The Little General,” she organized, facilitated, and inspired the other founding members of the club.

 

In 1915, she donated the land for the Arboretum.

Her home, which she called The Green Loggia, was built in 1908. The Bird and Tree Club’s first meetings in 1913 were held in the upstairs, open-air loggia. The home still stands at 20 Whittier. Privately owned, it was on the 2018 BTG House & Garden Tour.

Become a member of the HOJ Society here.

2018-06-06_Arboretum.jpg
bottom of page