welcome from the BTG president,
Thanks for taking the time to learn more about the Bird, Tree, and Garden Club. Join one of our talks at Smith Wilkes Hall or meet one of our nature guides and take a deeper look at our gardens, lake and other parts of this well nurtured landscape. BTG offers 90 free programs and the highlights include:
- Monarch Moments A range of topics about monarchs will be shared by experts in this field ranging from planning a trip to Mexico to visit the monarch's winter home to how to create a monarch way station in your own garden. Mondays 12:15 Smith Wilkes Hall.
- Tuesday Brown Bag Bring your lunch and learn what's happening in topics of importance ranging from the environment and the natural world to a demonstration on Floral Arranging. Tuesdays 12:15 Smith Wilkes Hall.
- Butterflies and Blooms is our program encouraging home owners to create monarch habitats at their home on the grounds and at their winter residences using native plants that require less maintenance and water. 'Be Smart, not just pretty!' BTG Master Gardeners available to consult with Chautauqua home owners or read thru the steps on Monarchwatch.com and get certified.
- AND MORE Explore Nature ~ Be Amazed. Participate in a garden, woods or lake walk and talks, bird and bat chats, tree talks and more every week. Local experts in the field share their knowledge with visitors on guided discovery tours. See the program guide for details.
Special Events include:
- Native Plant Sale - BTG sourced the best native plants from local growers (perennials, shrubs, annuals) and brought them to Smith Wilkes Hall for purchase and immediate planting! Pollinators, nectar plants, natives!
- Monarchpalooza! - Cycle thru an interactive display of stations in which you can explore every stage of the Monarchs. BTG docents will lead guided discovery at each stop. The experience culminates in a 10x20 tent filled with monarchs - immersive learning at it's best. This program is biennial.
- Mushroom Sandwiches - Let BTG serve you a complete lunch for $10. Make a 'bee-line' to stop by Smith Wilkes Hall and enjoy this legendary meal and music of the Dixie Lake Siders band. Mushroom Sandwiches are only offered once every two years - and they will sell out!
- Life Member Luncheon Is an opportunity to gather at the Athenaeum for lunch and a program by a renown presenter lecturing on the natural world. Join your fellow BTG life members and BTG board at the Athenaeum Hotel Friday August 4, 2018 for an annual recap of BTG business, noon program and delicious lunch.
- House and Garden Tour - Join us July 12 Thursday for a unique visit to the grounds of the Chautauqua Institution for either self or docent lead tours of the gardens and from 12-5 tour the interior of exceptional homes. Tickets go on sale in 2018.
BECOME A BTG LIFE MEMBER and join with as we continue to preserve and enhance this lovely place that is Chautauqua. Our century of conservation, education, and service has succeeded with the support of thousands of members and generous donors. Life membership and the biennial house tour are our sources of fund raising.
BTG has made significant contributions toward the creation and maintenance of the Institution's public gardens, the upkeep of our 94+ year old Smith Wilkes Hall, and the planting of hundreds of trees. To learn more about the history of Bird, Tree, and Garden Club, scroll thru our website. Send us an email email@example.com with any questions or suggestions. The complete 2018 program guide will be posted May 2018.
Angela James, President