welcome from the BTG president,
Thanks for taking the time to learn more about the Bird, Tree, and Garden Club. Join one of our talks at Smith Wilkes Hall or meet one of our nature guides and take a deeper look at our gardens, lake and other parts of this well nurtured landscape. BTG offers 90 free programs and the highlights include:
- Monarch Moments A range of topics about monarchs will be shared by experts in this field ranging from planning a trip to Mexico to visit the monarch's winter home to how to create a monarch way station in your own garden. Mondays 12:15 Smith Wilkes Hall Weeks 1-8.
- Tuesday Brown Bag Bring your lunch and learn what's happening in topics of importance ranging from the environment and the natural world to a demonstration on Floral Arranging. Tuesdays 12:15 Smith Wilkes Hall (Week 2 program will be WEDNESDAY July 5)
- Butterflies and Blooms is our program encouraging home owners to create monarch habitats at their home on the grounds and at their winter residences using native plants that require less maintenance and water. 'Be Smart, not just pretty!' BTG Master Gardeners available to consult with Chautauqua home owners or read thru the steps on Monarchwatch.com and get certified.
- AND MORE Explore Nature ~ Be Amazed. Participate in a garden, woods or lake walk and talks, bird and bat chats, tree talks and more every week. Local experts in the field share their knowledge with visitors on guided discovery tours. See the program guide for details.
Special Events include:
- Native Plant Sale - BTG sourced the best native plants from local growers (perennials, shrubs, annuals) and brought them to Smith Wilkes Hall for purchase and immediate planting! Pollinators, nectar plants, natives! Smith Wilkes Hall Monday June 26 11:30-7:30 and Tuesday June 27 1:30-4:30.
- Monarchpalooza! - Cycle thru an interactive display of stations in which you can explore every stage of the Monarchs. BTG docents will lead guided discovery at each stop. The experience culminates in a 10x20 tent filled with monarchs - immersive learning at it's best. Lincoln Park Thursday July 13 Noon-3:00.
- Mushroom Sandwiches - Let BTG serve you a complete lunch for $10. Make plans to stop by Smith Wilkes Hall to enjoy this legendary meal and enjoy the music of the Dixie Lake Siders band. Mushroom Sandwiches are only offered once every two years - and they will sell out! Friday July 28 11:30-sell out Week 5.
- Life Member Luncheon Is an opportunity to gather at the Athenaeum for lunch and a program by renown presenter Terry Mosher. ** The first 50 paid reservations can take a private tour of Miller Cottage from 9:30-10:30am followed by the noon program and lunch at the Athenaeum Hotel Friday August 4. For lunch and tour reservations contact: email@example.com
BECOME A BTG LIFE MEMBER and join with us so we may continue to preserve and enhance this lovely place that is Chautauqua. Our century of conservation, education, and service has succeeded with the support of thousands of members and generous donors. Life membership and the biennial house tour are our sources of fund raising.
BTG has made significant contributions toward the creation and maintenance of the Institution's public gardens, the upkeep of our 93+ year old Smith Wilkes Hall, and the planting of hundreds of trees. To learn more about the history of Bird, Tree, and Garden Club, scroll thru our website and send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions. See our complete 2017 program guide on the home page.
Angela James, President